Man Oh Man! This year Mother's Day weekend falls in the same week as Teacher Appreciation. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. I will refrain from drawing a Venn Diagram here, but I still want to point out some obvious similarities.
1) Both should always keep bandaids in her purse because somebody is going to ask for one before
the day is out
2) Both have to remind you daily to clean up your mess
3) Both know the pain of disappointment when they have tried time and time again to get you to make
4) Both lie awake at night hoping you are going to be okay and mostly just wanting you to be happy.
5) Both bring you snacks just because they love you.
6) Both want and need to feel appreciated but seldom are (although this week...WOW! Double! Thank
you for the love).
7) Both spend much of their day saying, "What is that smell? Seriously?? What is that smell?"
8) Both are up and preparing for your arrival before your feet ever hit the ground.
9) Both tend to nag, but it always comes from a good place.
10) Both want to douse your cellphone in gasoline.
11) Both desperately want you to avoid the wrong crowd.
12) Both expect you to say ma'am
13) Both really need and crave just ten minutes with another adult
14) Both are called mom at some point
15) Both see more than you know and know more than you see
16) Both have been where you are and want to protect you at all cost
17) Both are really tired of thinking up ways to entertain you
18) Both end the day utterly exhausted
19) Both attend your sporting events and cheer the loudest for you
20) Both will celebrate when you move on but also cry because you did
Momming with the Best of Them,